Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Hike Last Week in Allens Park Colorado

Amazing Allens Park Colorado
Lately, I have been motivating myself to hike outside in this beautiful summer weather!! Just last week a friend of mine recommended me to check out a place called Allens Park; which is right before Estes Park and North of Lyons. I didn't expect the hike to be anything that great because the drive wasn't long and the park didn't seem to deep into the mountains. I only decided to go because I had heard of this gorgeous waterfall in Ozuel, which is part of the hike in Allens Park. This hike was easy, which I enjoyed because it allowed me to enjoy the astonishing wildlife and exotic flowers all around. The hike up to the waterfall was hardly 3 miles long, I would highly recommend it for any family field trip! Once I had reached the waterfall, I was amazed and how beautiful it was! The water was glistening, the trout were easily spotted, and the entire park was so well kept! After I had reached the top of the waterfall I was amped to keep hiking. So, my friend and I continued up the mountain and hiked an extra 7 miles to Blue Lake. By that time my legs were definitely aching from the great work out. The result of this 11 mile hike was breath taking! I am just so amazed that there is a park this beautiful that is so close to human civilization! I highly recommed everyone to take a day trip up there! Also, be sure to visit the website http://www.uptake.com/colorado/allenspark.html. This website shows all the trails, pictures, and various activities in the astonishing Allens Park.

Here are a few pictures from my friend and I near the waterfall :)






My advice to everyone is to go on a hike, even if it is just for a few hours! You'll appreciate the amazing life that surrounds you every day.

HaPpY HiKiNg
VAL

No comments:

Post a Comment