Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Creative Chief Challenge!




Okay, I'm just gonna cut striaght to my point.... I am a horrible HORRIBLE cook! Each time I go to the grocery store, I always purchase the same things: frozen fruit, frozen veggies, canned veggies, tea, fresh fruit, salad, balsamic ving dressing, frozon chargrilled chicken,cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and as many lean cuisines as I can get my hands on. This list of foods is literally what I feed myself every single day, and the routine has become quite boring.

But in order for me to start trying new things, purchasing unfamiliar spices and herbs, and exploring new tastes and flavors, I need some type of challenge!

I want to create a fun challenge for myself and for all you other "Fine Dine Frozen Dinner Lovers" to partake in.

After hours of brainstorming for the perfect "Creative Chief Challenge"; I finally came up with the perfect solution! I challenge myself to go to stumbleupon.com and select "recipes/cooking" as my interest. Then stumble upon 5 random recipes.

The challenge is to attempt to cook and taste and like the 5 recipes that you stumble upon!

This creative challenge is a great way to:
1. have some fun!
2. Be introduced to many great cooking and recipe sites.
3. Try things you normally wouldn't.
4. Discover a new favorite dish to cook
5. Discover that Durian Fruit actually smells like something horrible decaying but tastes delicious!



In order to hold myself to this challenge I will post the 5 recipes I stumble upon and provide my interesting experiences in Cookin In The Kitchen! Use the recipes I post or head to stumbleupon.com and stumble your 5 recipes!


If you can complete this challenge then your are a True Chief at Heart!



Below I will post my attempted recipes that I encourage everyone to try, along with other random facts! Keep an eye out for more "Creative Chief Challenge" Posts throughout the blog as well!

I challenge you to the "Creative Chief Challenge". Happy Cooking from Val!!

No comments:

Post a Comment