Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Breakfast All Day!


Sometimes, you just need pancakes...at 7 o'clock at night. Breakfast is irresistibly craveable. There are few foods that when I think about them long enough, I can literally smell them cooking...like bacon or sausage. And then I think about Pancakes, waffles, French Toast with orange juice and coffee. Yum!
IHOP is my favorite place to go to satiate my breakfast cravings. Their menu is extremely affordable and offers a wide variety of breakfast goodies. When I need pancakes...and I mean need, I can choose between blueberry, strawberry with banana, chocolate chip! If I feel like being healthy, which is doubtful, they have the Harvest Grain 'N Nut Pancakes served with blueberries or apples in cinnamon. And i have to mention the Pumpkin Pancakes that I look forward to arriving every fall!
Sometimes I have to have French Toast, and their basic version dusted with powdered sugar is always amazing... but if that's not enough I can get raisin French Toast, stuffed with cream cheese. Or I can get them unstuffed and topped with strawberries and whipped cream. The Belgian Waffles are noteworthy as well...also topped with fruit and cream.
When i want a little bit of everything I rely on IHOP's Signature Favorites. The Breakfast Sampler provides pancakes, bacon, sausage, ham, eggs and hash browns. The 'Rooty Tooty Fresh 'n Fruity is the same plus fruit and cream on top of the pancakes. My favorite, when I'm feeling indecisive is the 'Split Decision Breakfast--two eggs, two crispy bacon strips, tow sausage links, two pieces of French Toast AND two buttermilk pancakes!!
If you're not a sweet breakfast person, IHOP has a million omelet options! There's the Hearty ham & Cheese, which describes itself, the Chicken Fajita, the Spinach and Mushroom, the Garden Omelet, and the Colorado which is a meat lover's delight with bacon, sausage, beef, ham, onions, peppers and cheddar! Or build your own Omelet with a wide selection of ingredient to choose from.
If you need a heartier breakfast there's always the T-Bone Steak & Eggs served with pancakes or the Big Country Fried Steak & Eggs, substitute chicken if you prefer, smothered in gravy and served with pancakes. There's also the Thick-Cut Bone-In Ham & Eggs if beef's not your thing, served with hash browns and--of course--pancakes.
Every once in a while I run into a person who doesn't share my fondness for all things breakfast; I assume it's for people like these that IHOP bothers serving Cheeseburgers and Chicken Strips--but there you go, they have them.
I almost failed to mention the crepes! Available in sweet or savory; French, Swedish or German styles; the crepes are amazing! I go here enough that I have discovered ways to make the affordable menu downright cheap! Before you go, visit ShopAtHome.com for IHOP coupons and enjoy!
Submitted by Ann Marie from ShopAtHome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment